Monday, November 1, 2010

Song that makes me cry?

There are songs in this world that for no apparent reason can hit you like a ton of bricks:  a pop song that will not leave your brain, a song with a great beat that you bounce to all day, a lyric that crumbles you, a lyric that uncovers truths, a song that makes you smile, and then the song that makes you cry.  The song that I am linking to makes me cry--I don't even know why.  If I had to give a reason, I guess I would just say I think that it is beautiful (corny I know).  It makes me think; it inspires me to reflect--to relive moments or push thoughts of the future into my heart, my mind.  For me the song is life:  it slowly builds, reaches a high point, and then slows into aftermath and contemplation.  It is life in the long run and life as moments occur--I like to think of it as any great occasion: Thanksgiving, Vacation, Love, etc.  I love the build of life, the anticipation of potential--I love knowing the great moment, looking around and saying to yourself "remember this"--I love the reflection, the stories, the remembering.  This song does all of this for me.  Maybe it will for you--Maybe it won't.  I guess in the end--the song just overwhelms me, in a good way. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8j21Xya-sQ&feature=related

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how music in general,can instantly just change your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's also amazing how, no matter what your doing, music can make you stop and remember.

    ReplyDelete